Eating low carb is a snap when you use vibrant greens, crisp-tender vegetables, lean proteins and crunchy nuts are quintessential ingredients for sensational salads — salads that deserve sensational dressings homemade dressing. Homemade salad dressings may not be as convenient as bottled varieties, but they have fresh flavors and more taste per serving, so you can use less and save on carbs and calories.
Lettuce contains vitamins A, C and E and the minerals potassium, iron and calcium. Generally, the darker the lettuce, the more vitamins and minerals it has.
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1/2 pound zucchini, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh herbs (such as thyme, basil
and sage), chopped
1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Warm oven to 350E
2. Add olive oil to a 9-inch round shallow baking dish.
Place bell pepper, zucchini and tomato in dish. Bake for
3. Add black pepper and herbs. Beat eggs and pour over
vegetables. Sprinkle with pistachios.
4. Lower oven setting to 300E Place dish back in
oven for 30 minutes (make sure center is solid and
eggs are puffy).
5. Loosely place aluminum foil over dish if frittata starts
to get too dark before firm in the center. Makes six (1
Per serving: 6.9g carbs, 2.2g fiber, 10g protein,15g fat,
212mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 191 calories
Latest posts by Christy Jones (see all)
- The Best Way to Find Life Balance in a Chaotic World - April 6, 2016
- BEER BRAISED BEEF IN CROCK POT | Wellness Recipe - March 27, 2016
- Beef Salad | Wellness Recipe - March 13, 2016