No matter what your current weight or how well you take care of yourself, whether you’re a teenager or postmenopausal, this book will change the way you relate to your body forever. That’s the power of body shape — and it’s as easy as knowing the difference between apples and pears!
If you tend to gain weight in your belly and back, you’re an apple. If your thighs and derriere are where you bear extra baggage, you’re a pear. But do you know that your fruit IQ is the single most powerful predictor of future health? Body type directly affects your likelihood for obesity, heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, stroke, varicose veins, and certain cancers. But, as medical pioneer and ABC’s women’s health expert Marie Savard, M.D., explains in this ground-breaking book, there are things you can do to prevent or even reverse the risks of body shape. The Body Shape Solution to Weight Loss and Wellness can help you:
• understand what body shape means, and how it relates to your health
• learn how to distinguish between subcutaneous and visceral fat — butt or gut! — and discover why all fat is not created equal
• discover the Elite foods that help protect against disease and improve your odds of shedding fat
• acquire the tools you need to make conscious, informed, healthy choices about food
• throw away your scale and get out of the cycle of diet failure — for good!
Work with your body — not against it — to achieve maximum health and look your best!